Friday, January 15

I have a big secret obsession with the Utah Jazz. They have always been my favorite team.
I know their names.
I know their numbers.
I even know some pretty good stats.
Last night they played the CAVS, and the amazing LeBron James. I went to an exercise class, so had it on DVR.
We didnt start watching the game till 10 pm.

Jazz were behind pretty much the whole game. 4th quarter was getting very intense. We finally got up by 10. Then somehow were behind again.
5 seconds left in the game.
Down by two.
We dribble the ball down the court.
3 seconds.
2 seconds.
1 second......the ball was in the hands of the Rookie, Gaines, who had only had his first basketball practice with the Jazz the DAY BEFORE.
From the 3 point line he shoots and HE SCORES!!!! BUZZER BEATER!!!
Not only was that his 1st 3 pointer in the NBA, but most likely the biggest shot of his career!
Tony and I SCREAMED so loud we woke up our kids and Jackson came running downstairs to see what was going on. It was hilarious.
Sometimes having the ESPN channel isn't too bad. :)

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha....this is awesome! We actually were watching the play by play on the internet last night since we don't have TV...and when we saw the final 3-pointer we were so pumped! LITTLE did we know how that all unfolded until we got on ESPN this morning to watch the highlights.....and WOW....we were going crazy!!! What an unbelievable moment! I definitely wouldn't mind a few more moments like that one for the Jazz. Come on guys! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete